Faraway Garden Tui
Celebrate one of NZ’s magnificent native bird characters, the Tui with a handcrafted statue from Faraway Garden.
The much-loved, boisterous bird of forest and town with its distinctive white throat tuft (poi), ranging vocals and whirring flight.
Captain Cook when visiting Dusky Sound in 1773 on his second voyage, wrote of the Tui. “Under its throat hang two little tufts of snow–white feathers, called poies, which being the Otaheitean word for ear–rings, occasioned our giving that name to the bird; which is not more remarkable for the beauty of its plumage than the sweetness of its note. The flesh is also most delicious and was the greatest luxury the wood afforded us”.
Over many years, statues have played a prominent role as focal points in gardens. From the most grand and ornate gardens with large figures, to small creatures in a naturalistic setting, statues bring life and surprise to a garden.
Available in Classic Grey, Castle Stone and Aoraki White,
Dimensions: height 250mm, weight 2.5kg
- Handcrafted by trained artisans
- Makes a delightful object for your garden setting
- Designed to weather naturally and last
- Made at Faraway Garden, NZ
- Great looks. They are individually finished to the highest standards with each item guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind, character piece.
- Long lasting and environmentally kind. They are constructed of premium quality materials, found locally, insuring each piece will truly stand the test of time.
Faraway Garden Aurora
The Faraway Garden Aurora is a tall, classically inspired garden statue that depicts dawn. This stunningly impressive works wonderfully in as a centrepiece in a rose garden or nestled in an herbaceous border. An impressive focal...
Faraway Garden Autumn with Grapes
The Faraway Garden Autumn with Grapes is a tall, classic garden statue that works wonderfully in a rose garden or nestled in an herbaceous border. An impressive focal point when raised on a...
Faraway Garden Boy with Fruit
The Faraway Garden Boy with Fruit is a classic, small statue that works wonderfully nestled in an herbaceous border, as part of a planter grouping or on a terrace or...