Faraway Garden Tui
LIMITED TIME OFFER three for $200 with FREE delivery!
Celebrate one of NZ’s magnificent native bird characters, the Tui, with a unique statue from Faraway Garden.
The much-loved, boisterous bird of forest and town with its distinctive white throat tuft (poi), ranging vocals and whirring flight.
Captain Cook when visiting Dusky Sound in 1773 on his second voyage, wrote of the Tui. “Under its throat hang two little tufts of snow–white feathers, called poies, which being the Otaheitean word for ear–rings, occasioned our giving that name to the bird; which is not more remarkable for the beauty of its plumage than the sweetness of its note. The flesh is also most delicious and was the greatest luxury the wood afforded us”.
Over many years, statues have played a prominent role as focal points in gardens. From the most grand and ornate gardens with large figures, to small creatures in a naturalistic setting, statues bring life and surprise to a garden.
Available in Classic Grey, Castle Stone and Latin White,
Dimensions: height 250mm, weight 3.35kg
- Handcrafted by trained artisans
- Makes a delightful object for any garden setting
- Designed to weather naturally and last
- Made at Faraway Garden, NZ
- Great looks. They are individually finished to the highest standards with each item guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind, character piece.
- Long lasting and environmentally kind. They are constructed of premium quality materials, found locally, insuring each piece will truly stand the test of time.
Faraway Garden Anubis
LIMITED TIME OFFER two for $150 Add some Ancient Egyptian mystery to your garden setting with a crouching or "recumbent" statue of Anubis, a replica of the original found in Tutankhamun's Tomb. The Anubis resembles the...
Faraway Garden Gate Post Ball
The Faraway Garden Gate Post Ball is an impressive size and makes an elegant ornamental addition to a property entrance or garden setting when added to a column or on top...
Faraway Garden Brigid
The Faraway Garden Brigid is a graceful garden statue depicting a Celtic deity representing the end of winter and the return of the light. She works wonderfully as a statue raised on...