Faraway Garden Tui
Celebrate one of NZ’s magnificent native bird characters, the Tui with a handcrafted statue from Faraway Garden.
The much-loved, boisterous bird of forest and town with its distinctive white throat tuft (poi), ranging vocals and whirring flight.
Captain Cook when visiting Dusky Sound in 1773 on his second voyage, wrote of the Tui. “Under its throat hang two little tufts of snow–white feathers, called poies, which being the Otaheitean word for ear–rings, occasioned our giving that name to the bird; which is not more remarkable for the beauty of its plumage than the sweetness of its note. The flesh is also most delicious and was the greatest luxury the wood afforded us”.
Over many years, statues have played a prominent role as focal points in gardens. From the most grand and ornate gardens with large figures, to small creatures in a naturalistic setting, statues bring life and surprise to a garden.
Available in Classic Grey, Castle Stone and Aoraki White,
Dimensions: height 250mm, weight 3.35kg
- Handcrafted by trained artisans
- Makes a delightful object for any garden setting
- Designed to weather naturally and last
- Made at Faraway Garden, NZ
- Great looks. They are individually finished to the highest standards with each item guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind, character piece.
- Long lasting and environmentally kind. They are constructed of premium quality materials, found locally, insuring each piece will truly stand the test of time.
Faraway Garden Echo
The Faraway Garden Echo is a a graceful, seated garden statue depicting the beautiful nymph of Greek mythology. It works wonderfully in a rose garden or nestled in an herbaceous border and...
Faraway Garden Penelope
The Faraway Garden Penelope is a tall, graceful garden statue depicting one of the classical Greek heroines of Homer's epic poem 'The Odyssey'. It works wonderfully in a rose garden or nestled in...
Faraway Garden Flora
The Faraway Garden Flora is a tall garden statue based on the classical Roman goddess of flowers and spring. This statue works wonderfully as an impressive focal point when raised on a pedestal...