Faraway Garden Tui
LIMITED TIME OFFER three for $200 with FREE delivery!
Celebrate one of NZ’s magnificent native bird characters, the Tui, with a unique statue from Faraway Garden.
The much-loved, boisterous bird of forest and town with its distinctive white throat tuft (poi), ranging vocals and whirring flight.
Captain Cook when visiting Dusky Sound in 1773 on his second voyage, wrote of the Tui. “Under its throat hang two little tufts of snow–white feathers, called poies, which being the Otaheitean word for ear–rings, occasioned our giving that name to the bird; which is not more remarkable for the beauty of its plumage than the sweetness of its note. The flesh is also most delicious and was the greatest luxury the wood afforded us”.
Over many years, statues have played a prominent role as focal points in gardens. From the most grand and ornate gardens with large figures, to small creatures in a naturalistic setting, statues bring life and surprise to a garden.
Available in Classic Grey, Castle Stone and Latin White,
Dimensions: height 250mm, weight 3.35kg
- Handcrafted by trained artisans
- Makes a delightful object for any garden setting
- Designed to weather naturally and last
- Made at Faraway Garden, NZ
- Great looks. They are individually finished to the highest standards with each item guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind, character piece.
- Long lasting and environmentally kind. They are constructed of premium quality materials, found locally, insuring each piece will truly stand the test of time.
Faraway Garden Anubis
LIMITED TIME OFFER two for $400 Add some Ancient Egyptian mystery to your garden setting with a crouching or "recumbent" statue of Anubis, a replica of the original found in Tutankhamun's Tomb. The Anubis resembles the...
Faraway Garden Tiki
Add mana to your outdoors with one of NZ’s most iconic and popular forms of national identity, the Tiki. A symbolic character derived from Maori tradition and thought to represent the first man...
Faraway Garden Daphne
The Faraway Garden Daphne is a graceful garden statue depicting a nymph from Greek mythology who is associated with fountains, wells, springs, streams and other bodies of freshwater. She works wonderfully as a statue raised...