Faraway Garden Boy of Brussels
The Faraway Garden Boy of Brussels (or Manneken Pi's) is based on the landmark small bronze sculpture in Brussels depicting a naked little boy urinating into a fountain's basin. It was designed by Hieronymus Duquesnoy the Elder and put in place around 1618.
As a water feature the Boy of Brussels looks delightful in a circular garden pond or as a fountain centre piece. He also works wonderfully as a statue raised on a pedestal in a formal flower bed, a rose garden or nestled in an herbaceous border. Looks great in our sepia wash for an aged effect (as shown in photo).
Over many years, statues have played a prominent role as focal points in gardens. From the most grand and ornate gardens with large figures, to small creatures in a naturalistic setting, statues bring life and surprise to a garden.
Available in Classic Grey, Castle Stone and Latin White.
Dimensions: height 800mm, weight 45 kg
- Handcrafted locally
- Makes a beautiful focal point for your garden setting
- Designed to weather naturally and last
- Made at Faraway Garden, NZ
- Great looks. They are individually finished to the highest standards with each item guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind, character piece.
- Long lasting and environmentally kind. They are constructed of premium quality materials, found locally, insuring each piece will truly stand the test of time.
Faraway Garden Anubis
Add some Ancient Egyptian mystery to your garden setting with a crouching or "recumbent" statue of Anubis, a replica of the original found in Tutankhamun's Tomb. The Anubis resembles the Egyptian pharaoh hound which claims to be...
Faraway Garden Birth of Venus
The Faraway Garden Birth of Venus is a graceful garden statue depicting the goddess Venus arriving at the shore after her birth, when she had emerged from the sea fully-grown standing in...
Faraway Garden St Francis of Assisi
“For it is in giving that we receive.” St Francis of Assisi Faraway Garden St Francis of Assisi is one of our guardian statues as he is the patron saint of...